Sunday, July 15, 2012

What dreams may come

In the last couple of weeks, I have had some very good discussions with a certain "gentleman friend" of mine. LOL. I realized after talking to him earlier today about his goals and dreams that although they are much different than my own, they are still just as important to him as mine are to me and should be taken seriously. After some reflection, I found myself a bit irritated when I realized that I have been unfair and judged him a bit....Everyone has a different story, full of different experiences and different desires. He wants to work hard to achieve something that is meaningful to him, and instead of just being encouraging to him, I did the opposite at first. Though not directly to his face, I did kind of look down on him for wanting what he wants. Like I said before, his goals and dreams are much different than my own. But in reminding myself of how far I have come, and how much I have grown and being more of an understanding and open person, I realized that I was wrong. He has goals and dreams, and a plan to work towards achieving them. Compared to many men I have met recently, that is far more than most of them have at this point. He is doing something and wants more out of life and that is a good thing. So often I think only of my own path and how much I want to achieve, so much so that I compare others to myself even if only subconsciously and I can be a bit critical at times. What I need to do however, is stop analyzing what others are doing and be glad that I am surrounded by people who are hard working and willing to go the extra mile to make their dreams a reality. To each is own, and now I finally understand what that means. For everyone out there who wants to reach for the stars to get what you want out of life...go for it! With hard work and dedication and more than likely some struggles to overcome, who knows what dreams may come. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment